I have just seen the first embedded video clip in Fennec using GStreamer as the decoder. It played a small mpeg video clip – the performance is still lacking a bit but there are probably some things we can do to speed it up.
To see the video playing is just verifying that I have done at least something right in the process of updating the GStreamer integration.
Things still on the ToDo list (in the order I plan to do them):
1) Update the patch to the lastest version of the mozilla source (I’m running on a base that is about 1½ week old)
2) Create a new gstreamer source using our own network routines – the current integration leaves it up to gstreamer it self to load the data from the network
3) Do a runtime check on the data/mime type to identify if GStreamer is able to handle the data
4) Fix the rest of the TODO’s I left around in the code
5) Get a second oppinion on a couble of choices made in the integration
6) Attach the patch to the bug-report
8) Attach a new patch to the bug in Bugzilla